The Philippines will restart the deployment of workers to South Korea after entry restrictions into the country were lifted, the Department of Labor and Employment announced Sunday.
Secretary Silvestre Bello III said that the DOLE has ordered the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to start processing the deployment of workers to our Asian neighbor.
“This is a very good news not only to our EPS (entry permit system) workers and their families, but also to the Korean employers who have been waiting for our workers to return,” Bello said in an emailed statement.
Bello’s statement came after Korea’s Ministry of Employment and Labor (MOEL) announced on Friday that it will allow the entry of workers under its EPS from all sending countries including the Philippines.
The entry of workers under the EPS is expected to start before the end of November, with thousands of workers waiting for the deployment since last year.