Advisory to All Balik-Manggagawa
Effective 30 June 2021, POEA launched a new system for our Balik-Manggagawa. It will be known as POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa or POPS-BaM.
And please don’t forget to update your E-registration Account (1 OFW, 1 account ONLY).
TO: ALL BALIK MANGGAGAWA (8M) OFWs, BM PROCESSING DIVISION, EMPLOYMENT BRANCH, REGIONAL OFFICES, REGIONAL EXTENSION UNITS,
SATELLITE OFFICES, OSSCOS, and POLOs
SUBJECT: LAUNCH OF THE NEW BM ONLINE SYSTEM & PROCEDURES TO TRANSFER CURRENT BM ACCOUNTS TO THE NEW SYSTEM
As part of the Administration’s continuous effort to expedite the process of issuing Overseas Employment Certificates (OECs) to Returning Overseas Workers / Balik-Manggagawa (BMs), a new web-based processing system shall be launched and implemented effective 30 June 2021.
This replacement system shall be officially known as the POEA Online Processing System for Balik Manggagawa (POPS-BaM), which incorporated the general functionality of the current BM Online System but now uses in-house developed program and addresses the most pertinent problems/bugs/errors of the old system.
IN VIEW THEREOF, BM Workers are directed to transfer their existing records under the old BM Online System and transfer them to the new POPS-BaM. Procedures for the purpose are prescribed herein as per Annex “A”. After 30 June 2021, the old BM Online System shall be decommissioned.
Having an e-Registration Account is imperative, in order to facilitate the transfer for existing BM records.
Once the old records have been successfully transferred, POPS-BaM can generate an OEC Exemption to BM Workers returning to the same employer. If the BM Worker will change employer and/or jobsites, the same shall be directed to set an online appointment in order to document the changes in employment data. The system has a built-in feature in the appointment module that helps those who are unable to proceed to avail an OEC Exemption, for the following concerns:
- Change of employer and/or jobsite;
- Undocumented worker (i.e., status is from tourist to OFW; or dependent to OFW; or student to OFW, etc.);
- Worker or employer is under watchlist;
- OFW is returning to restricted or non-compliant country
- Job position is in the list of Mission Critical Skills
POS-BaM can be accessed at: eRegistration link: https://onlineservices.poea.gov.ph/OnlineServices/POEAOnline.aspx
Kindly obey the following rules:
- One (I) OFW, One (I) e-Registration Account only;
- Ensure that you only provide correct/factual information and always check your details before submitting your personal information. Submitted information cannot be manually changed/corrected/edited, such as: Name, Gender, Birthdate, Email Address;
- Request to correct any of the above-mentioned critical personal information shall be done by filing an electronic ticket under the POEA HelpDesk, accessible at: onlineservices.poea.gov.ph;
- Frequent commission of errors/mistake/misdeclarations involving any of the mentioned critical personal information may be construed as misrepresentation and shall subject the concerned BM Worker to legal action;
- You will not be allowed to acquire a new OEC unless it has expired/cancelled or have already been used for deployment, to resume employment overseas;
- OECs have a 60-day validity and can only be used once (1) for the jobsite and employer indicated therein;
- Your passport must be valid for at least six (6) months.
For related inquires and concerns, you may check the new POEA HelpDesk at onlineserivces.poea.gov.ph, or reach the following:
For documentation requirements and procedures:
Balik Manggagawa Processing Division
Tel. Nos. : (02) 8724-6342 or (02) 8721-0785
For e-Registration concerns
Tel. Nos. : (02) 8722-1173
For technical concerns
Tel. Nos. : (02) 8727-7778 or (02) 8721-9496
1) PROCEDURES IN TRANSITIONING FROM THE OLD BM ONLINE SYSTEM TO THE NEW pops-BaM
BM Workers with existing e-Registration Accounts:
Balik Manggagawa Workers with existing e-Registration System accounts shall merely need to log-in on their accounts and update the same. The specific procedures for the purpose are as follows:
a) Login using your e-Registration Account.
b) Go to “My Profile” and update your information.
c) After updating your information, you may now access your “Balik-Manggagawa” Module.
2) BM Workers with no existing e-Registration Accounts:
- Go to “onlineservices.poea.gov.ph”.
- On “e-Registration” panel, click “Let’s Go!”.
- Then click “Register”.
- Kindly read the “Paalala” section before filling out your registration.
- Fill out the registration form. Then submit by clicking “Register”.
- Temporary Password will be sent to your submitted email address.
- Repeat steps I and 2. Then on Login, enter your registered email
- address. Click “Next”. Enter your Temporary Password and Click “Login”.
- You will be asked to enter a new password. Enter and confirm your new password.
- Upon login, Go to “My Profile” and fill out your information, you may now access your “Balik Manggagawa” Module.