Are you wondering why your applications for work abroad are not answered by recruiters? You were probably called for the first interview but never came back for the second to get the job.
Now, you wonder if you can really work abroad to earn more for your family. You will doubt yourself even more, especially since some applicant can only get a job abroad in an instant. Is it just a coincidence, or are you just being watched, or are you just really tempted?
Sometimes, the problem is rooted in your job application process and how you responded to your interview. Once you know your problem, the job itself will call you and tell yourself that you can also work abroad.
Take a look at the suggestions below to see where you are lacking and what you can do to get the job abroad!
- Your cover letter – All resumes have a cover letter that will immediately grab the attention of applicant selectors. Make sure the cover letter is presentable, clean, and professional and suitable for the job you want to enter.
- Present the resume properly – The resume should be presented in a professional manner to make an impression can get their attention for an interview. A good resume should show your work strengths, and have proper grammar. It is also important to have your previous work in order (with the most recent in front), interesting to look at, organized in bullet-points, and have two pages. Demonstrate your ability to think critically, ability to adhere to work rules, ability to respond to deadlines, and more. Each application you make must be tailored to your preferred job entry.
- References – Your former co -workers, boss, clients, and suppliers will help you. If you don’t want to take your ex as a reference, get someone you know personally to speak for you. Say goodbye first to the people to be put as reference in respect of them.
- Beware – They will look and find your social media accounts. Those who select applicants abroad will find your social media accounts and know your antics. Delete your posts with bad language, alcohol, photos too revealing of your personality showing bad behavior that you don’t want your boss to see.
- Search smart with the Internet – Go straight to the POEAJobs.ph website rather than search the wide wave of jobs on the net. Also check in the newspapers if there are jobs abroad that you qualify for.
- There are many acquaintances for successful job search – Your extensive acquaintances, whether in person or online, will increase your chances of finding a job. Your acquaintance may have an acquaintance who can help you find a job.
- Apply right, not too much – Choose applications carefully and apply only your skills and abilities to the job. Decide on what path you want to pursue your career and identify the countries and organizations you want to work in in the future.
- Don’t stop applying for a job – Don’t wait for an employer’s answer. Don’t stop applying. You know, a lot of people will offer you a job.
- Get to know yourself and be you – Don’t cheat on your resume. Employers want you to show your true color so they can see what you can bring to their company.
- Interview – Arrive on time and dress properly and don’t make excuses. Look them in the eye, calm down and speak slowly and clearly without being nervous.
- Tell a story about yourself – Fill in your story with your life experiences, how you faced trials with your ability.
Read articles about correctly answering interview questions and don’t stop educating yourself things about the job you want to enter.
If you have already followed the above but have no results yet, better adjust your ways and persevere more. Success depends on your diligence, and it will come to you.