The Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) together with the Bagong Bayani Foundation Inc. (BBFI) has opened the worldwide search for outstanding and exemplary overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) through the Bagong Bayani Awards.
The annual awards aim to recognize and honor OFWs who embody the Filipino professionalism and excellence, as well as acknowledge their exemplary deeds in respective communities, and their valuable contributions to the economic development of the country.
The five award categories include the Outstanding Employee Award, Community and Social Service Award, Culture and the Arts Award, Capt. Gregorio S. Oca Achievement Award, and the Blas F. Ople Award para sa Natatanging Bagong Bayani.
Nominations may be submitted by the OFW’s employer or deploying recruitment/placement agency; or by the OFW’s co-workers and other reputable individuals and institutions.
The requirements to submit a nomination include the endorsement letter signed by the nominee’s employer, the nominee’s photocopy of passport and pages of stamped visas (entry and exit); profile of accomplishments and heroic acts; photocopy of awards or citations; and the nominee’s copy of verified employment contract.
Those who want to submit their nominations may visit the BBFI website at www.bbfi.com.ph for the official nomination form and instructions.
Since 1989, the BBA has recognized 1,665 outstanding OFWs, who set examples for the OFW communities to emulate and bring pride and honor to the Filipino nation.
The Bagong Bayani Awards (BBA) is a worldwide search for the country’s outstanding and exemplary Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). The awards seek to recognize and pay tribute to our OFWs for their significant efforts in fostering goodwill among peoples of the world, enhancing and promoting the image of the Filipino as a competent, responsible and dignified worker, and for greatly contributing to the socio-economic development of their communities and our country as a whole. The BBA aims at providing proper recognition to deserving nominees, thus setting up examples for others to emulate, and for the country to be proud of.
Any active Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), landbased or seabased that are qualified may be nominated.
The Bagong Bayani Awards aims to:
- Provide a nationally established system of recognizing the significant contributions of OFWs.
- Recognize the extraordinary and exemplary deeds, acts, life, services and contributions of OFWs towards their employers, fellow workers, their families and communities.
- Honor the Filipino workers worldwide and their families for their distinct role in promoting the integrity of the Filipino workers, and in nation building.
General Pre-Qualifying Criteria
Any active Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), whether land-based or sea-based, and possessing the following qualifications, may be nominated for pre-qualification:
- 1. Has no past or present criminal or derogatory record.
- 2. Must be of good moral standing, or has received recognition from past or present employer for exemplary behavior or outstanding service; and
- 3. The employment contract must have been processed by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and must not have left the country irregularly or as tourist.
Note: For the Capt. Gregorio S. Oca Achievement Award, any individual, whether or not an active OFW, or a reputable and duly registered entity may be nominated.
Specific Criteria per Category
The following specific criteria must be very satisfactorily met to qualify for any of the five (5) awards categories:
- Bagong Bayani Award for Outstanding Employee
- a. Has earned the respect, trust and confidence of his or her employer, superiors and co-workers
- b. Has proven his or her competence by being promoted in status or in rank, or awarded citation or recognition for distinguished and outstanding performance of his or her work duties and responsibilities, which in turn contributed to the growth or well-being of the company he or she works or have worked for; and
- c. Has manifested love for work, concern for the company and his or her co-workers
- Bagong Bayani Award for Community and Social Service
- a. Has initiated or has been sincerely involved, whether in the country or abroad, in community or socially relevant services or activities aimed at either helping or extending assistance to fellow workers or their families, or promoting the Philippines as a business or tourism destination.
- b. Has selflessly offered his or her time, skills and/or resources, in collective or personal capacity, to engage in such community services or activities that are beneficial to the people; or
- c. Has performed heroic act or deed, or has saved life or property, the performance of which is beyond the normal call of duty.
- Bagong Bayani Award for Culture and the Arts
- a. Has worked or has been involved in the promotion, preservation and development of Filipino culture and the arts overseas; or
- b. Has excelled in his or her work as an artist abroad thereby earning recognition, adulation or honor for Filipino artistry and talent.
- Capt. Gregorio S. Oca Achievement Award
A special award conferred upon any individual or entity who made significant contributions to the development of the Philippine Shipping/Seafaring Industry and who embodies and symbolizes the advocacy, achievement or contribution of the late Capt. Gregorio S. Oca to the Philippine Maritime and Seafaring Industry. Specific Criteria (any two)
- a. Must have demonstrated exemplary and significant contribution to the Philippine Seafaring Industry and Philippine Manning Industry for 25 years.
- b. Must have dedicated service towards the advancement of the welfare and general well-being of seafarers.
- c. Must have exhibited exemplary leadership or demonstrated exceptional valor/bravery while at sea; or
- d. Must have made a significant, lasting evidence and sustained commitment to competitiveness and operational efficiency as well as to safety and environmental initiatives.
- Blas F. Ople Award para sa “Natatanging Bagong Bayani”
This is highest and most prestigious Bagong Bayani Award. It is conferred to the most outstanding OFW who have been nominated, qualified and excelled in at least two (2) of the above four categories mentioned above.
im searching jobs abroad and im looking forward that im going to hired.