Project Control Manager
Login as Employer
A Registered Civil Engineer in the Philippines and a PMI Project Management Professional (PMP). Has over 25 years of experience in the construction industry working on a variety of complex construction projects with particular experience in buildings, roads and infrastructure, rail transportation, airports and runways, reclamation and marine works, oil and gas, and power generation industries. Excellent project management abilities demonstrated by completing projects on an efficient and timely manner using team-based frameworks to best utilize available resources and the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy. Adept at evaluating, writing and updating control procedures to maximize project efficiency and success. Has an extensive background overseeing construction contracts and able to handle variations, claims, disputes and contract administration with strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and good understanding of legal concepts and construction contract law. Able to communicate with key project stakeholders to ascertain project requirements and competent in building high-performance teams to handle challenging project needs and accomplish short- and long-term project goals.
- Hawk International & Construction Djibouti SARL Project Control Manager
- Responsible for developing and implementing project controls training, standards, systems, and procedures, providing scheduling, estimating, and claims expertise.
- Prepares tender schedules, resource requirements and cash flow.
- Provides input and review for development of schedules, WBS, estimates and reports during different phases of projects helping project management teams to reduce construction time between 5% to 10%.
- Evaluates contract documents and prepares planning and progress measurement procedure and ensure proper implementation.
- Coordinates actions for procurement and monthly invoices.
- Manage relationship with clients and subcontractors in relation to costs and schedule issues.
- Oversee management of scope changes, trends and change notices and review time and cost impacts.
- Identifies opportunities and develop programs to achieve time and cost savings.
- Evaluates project events related to schedule impacts for extension of time and cost claims, including analyzing delay and disruption on after-the-fact basis to determine excusable and compensable delays using forensic scheduling techniques.
- Prepares and documents claim for Productivity Loss, and pricing of overall claim.
- Prepares statement of claims, dispute referrals, responses, presentations and closing arguments. Provided technical support to legal team in arbitration process and act as fact witness, as necessary.
- Hawk International Finance and Construction Co., Ltd. Project Control Manager
- Planned, designed and created schedules and roadmaps for projects of various size and complexity ensuring to meet time, quality, and cost estimates.
- Identified and forecasted requirements and allocated manpower and equipment resources to meet strict budgetary limits.
- Identified special circumstances and constraints in order to develop effective alternatives or proactive solutions and provided value engineering for construction methodology to achieve maximum cost effectiveness.
- Provided detailed technical and operational direction in project challenges, ensuring successful execution and consistently meeting deliverables according to deadlines.
- Oversee between 2 to 4 projects from procurement to commission and monitored project performance to identify areas of improvement and make adjustments.
- Monitored project progress, identified risks and took corrective action as needed.
- Collected, reviewed and modeled project data such as KPIs and project metrics.
- Produced detailed progress reports and budget updates identifying current outcomes and forecasting future outcomes for executive management and clients.
- Coordinated with project teams to resolve project issues and mitigate risks.
- Directed change management process.
- Prepared and submitted project invoices for review and approval.
- Hawk International Finance and Construction Co., Ltd. Forensic Planner
- Responsible for forensic review ofrnclaims for extension of time, acceleration and disruption cost claims. Prepared claims, defenses to counterclaims and advice regarding retrospective analysis for extension of time, disruption, programme critiques, delay analysis critiques, quantification of delay and damages, economic modeling, and strategy formation.
- Performed delay analysis and determined time impact for each delay event in Primavera P6 format and coordinate with team to prepare recommendation for extension of time claims.
- Oversaw management of a database and correspondence register required to review Claims.
- Endeavored to minimize programme over runs where possible and clearly demonstrated consequences of delay events.
- Analyzed schedules and identify anomalies and inconsistencies relating to time, cost and resource from complex schedules.
- Assisted with dispute resolution and arbitration proceedings on multiple projects.
- Ilyas & Mustafa Galadari Management, Investment and Development (LLC) Project Control Manager
- Reviewed and validated Project Manager, Engineer and Contractor project reports.
- Presented clear and concise reports, briefings and outlines to top management.
- Produced statistics and management reports on performance of management systems, to facilitate effective and efficient management reviews.
- Provided advice and guidance across the organization on quality management and philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Managed control of documentation to ensure all personnel have access to up to date procedures, work instructions etc. at all times.
- Checked Master Schedule – reviewing activities, durations, sequencing and dependencies on project schedules developed and submitted by project manager and more than 10 contractors.
- Provided support to Marketing and Sales team by updating technical and commercial Project statistics.
- Monitored surveillance activity and reporting; participates in contractor surveillance activities.