Teaching Assistant Job Hiring in United Kingdom for Storybook Montessori Ascot Limited
NOTE: We can only respond to applicants whose current experience, industry and qualifications match the requirements of our principals/employers.
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and child development
- Knowledge and understanding of how children play and learn
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues
- Knowledge of relevant legal and OFSTED requirements
- Knowledge of health & safety standards & risk assessments.
- Experience of working with children in a group setting rated good or outstanding.
- Experience of providing activities and support for children linked to their developmental stage
- Experience of working in partnership with parents, carers and children, and other agencies
- Experience of supervision of children.
- A creative and innovative approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to plan and evaluate activities
- Ability to manage own workload and work under own initiative
- Ability to keep records
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Understanding of budget management
- Work in accordance with company policy and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and local authority and OFSTED requirements, seeking advice and support from the Nursery Leadership Team when needed.
- Assist the company in achieving and maintaining a good or outstanding OFSTED rating, appropriately preparing for OFSTED inspections (including maintaining and developing ongoing evidence of outstanding practice) and action any recommendations that may result from an inspection.
- Action and monitor all child protection and health and safety issues to ensure that any remedial action is taken immediately and advice is sought from the Nursery Manager.
- Assist the company in securing and sustaining Montessori accreditation, preparing for Montessori accreditation and implementing any recommendations that may result from an accreditation visit.
- On a daily basis support the Montessori Teacher to deploy staff to ensure continuity of care for children and appropriate supervision at all times.
- Report all safeguarding concerns to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead.
- Ensure that own work practices take into account the welfare & safeguarding of each child within the Nursery.
- Where relevant, work proactively with the relevant agencies in dealing with all Safeguarding issues to ensure the Nursery’s children are protected to the highest standards.
- Work proactively with the Nursery Leadership Team to ensure the Nursery’s safeguarding practices are always up to date.
- Support the Montessori Teacher to ensure that the Nursery’s Daily Routines are followed.
- Support the requirements of children with special needs, with reference to the SEN Code of Practice, so that the company’s admission policy may be as inclusive as possible.
- Support the Key Montessori Teacher by completing planning and observations as delegated.
- Monitoring the nursery environment, resources and equipment to ensure that it provides a high quality learning space which offers children a wide range of experiences and supports their independence and decision making skills.
- Support the Montessori Teacher to set up and organize suitable learning and play activities in line with the EYFS, and Montessori principles and practice, to foster the growth, happiness and development of every individual child.
- Support the Montessori Teacher to maintain appropriate planning, observation and assessment procedures and keep records for individual children which can be shared with parents and other professionals.
- Support the Montessori Teacher to ensure the completion and submission of Two Year Progress Check and Foundation Stage Profile data.
- Support the Nursery Manager to ensure that supplies, stock and resources, such as nappies, gloves and resources for planned activities are ordered in sufficient time.
- Support the Montessori Teacher to ensure that all children’s care needs are met at all times.
- Supervise and provide peer feedback, guidance and training to students, trainees and others on work placements or work experience in order that they receive the appropriate support.
- Working with the Montessori Teacher and in partnership with parents, implement an effective parent liaison programme as managed by the Nursery Leadership Team, ensuring regular communication and interaction with parents including, monitoring the settling in process of all new children/room movers, promoting and enabling a parent’s close involvement in their child’s development.
- Follow and implement Storybook Montessori Nursery’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, in particular ensure the required standards of cleanliness and hygiene are achieved, risk assessments are completed, the environments and equipment are appropriately maintained and that best practice is communicated and promoted throughout the nursery.
- Participate in arrangements for your own induction, supervision, training and development.
- Undertake any qualifications deemed necessary by the Nursery Manager to fulfill the requirements of the post.
- Participate in and deliver in-house training if applicable.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and reviews.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with colleagues and other key people in Storybook Montessori Nursery.
- Attend and participate in events to promote Storybook Montessori.
- Ensure that Storybook’s ‘paperless mandate’ is met as much as possible.
- To complete other duties as necessary to ensure the continued success of the Nursery.
For Manpower pooling. Beware of illegal recruiters and human traffickers.
- Total Jobs 47 Jobs
- Type Private Employment Agency
- Status Valid License
- License Validity April 11, 2024
- Contact Numbers 0917828778; 82345635; 82345639; 82345637; 82345640; 82345641; 09176259759; 09230888522
- Address IPAMS Bldg. 723 Aurora Blvd. New Manila, Quezon City